Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Journal of Virtual tour in Chek Jawa



I found out that virtual tour in Chek Jawa made me learnt a lot .I also found out that Chek Jawa isn't located in Indonesia , because the " Jawa " word made me
remembered about the Jawa island in Indonesia . It is located in Pulau Ubin , Singapore .

After I went on a few websites , I found out that Hermit Crab (Clibanarius sp.) is the most interesting animal I have ever known . Hermit Crabs are well-known for living in abandoned shells.This is because hermit crabs don't have a hard shell over their abdomens. On Chek Jawa, hermit crabs can get very large. This species come in red, orange and blue .


These are some pictures of Hermit Crabs





These are the pictures .

Hermit crabs have only two pairs of walking legs. The last pairs of legs are reduce and used to hold onto the shell walls. One of the pincers may be enlargedand used to block the shell entrance. Hermit crabs are scavengers with a very good sense of smell to find decaying plants or animals .
Most species of hermit crabs have long soft abdomens which are protected from predators by the adaptation of carrying around a salvaged empty seashell, into which the whole crab's body can retract .
Taken from Google©
Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment