Monday, February 2, 2009

Phobias

Acrophobia- Fear of heights & Thermophobia - Fear of heat .






Everybody have fears , fear of darkness , insects , or even numbers .My worst fear is height and heat .
I started to fear heat when i was in primary 4 .I was scalded by a hot iron when the maid in our house was ironing .She put the iron beside the ladder and when i sprinted to the ladder , i fell down and my body touched by the iron .I took 2 months to recover from the scar in my body and by the time i recovered , I did not dare to have any hot things beside me .


For my fear of height , I suffered from it when I was in Primary 6 .I was having holiday with my parents in Penang , and because of that holiday I was trapped in the lift of the hotel we stayed at .The lift has transparent wall and I was on the 19th floor .I took a look below and felt my legs were trembling .I was trapped and closed my eyes for 3 hours for I feared that the lift might fall down .I was finally rescued after trapped in for hours and from that time , I shall tremble whenever I looked down from high places .


Now , as I know that I has those two phobias , I would try as much as possible to avoid hot things and high places .

No comments:

Post a Comment